• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Problem with my USB thumb drive.

wilz

FPCH Member
I've been using this thumb drive for quite a long time, but after i stop using for awhile i cant access the thumb drive anymore.

Everytime i try to access it says 'The disk in drive G is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Click "Yes", error message will appear "The disk in drive G cannot be formatted"

Click "No", nothing happen.

When i view the properties of my thumb drive, it reads
0bytes free space 0bytes used space, capacity 0bytes

Type: Removable Disk
File System: RAW

GENERIC USB Mass Storage USB Device

Can anyone help me? Is my thumbdrive useless and can be dispose, or still it has hope of reviving?

wilz

FPCH Member
Thanks for the reply Jamey,

i've check my thumbdrive and it does not by any means have a locking switch. So that brings the problem to the corruption of the partition. Anyway to resolve this? For your info, this thumbdrive of mine doesen't come with any driver or if have, i've misplace it as it's been a long time ago stuff. I hope there's still means of revival ways for my precious thumbby :)