• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Problematic scrolling

craigw

FPCH New Member
Hi,
Can anyone help me here ?
I have an intermittent problem on my PC where pages automatically scroll to the bottom of the page - constantly - even when 'dragging' back to top or rolling up with mouse. This happens with both Web pages and any document/screen opened on PC larger than single screen size. I've reinstalled drivers for mouse and this appears to work normally i.e. it will navigate around a page but will not stop auto scrolling to bottom.
I'm using Windows XP Home Edition on an 'old school' Time desktop PC.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
what is the spec of this machine...maybe the spec is a bit low and the pc doesnt keep up with you ending the scrolling process,has this always happened..
give as much info as poss..
i had this issue on my old time machine (first pc) turned out once i upgraded it it was fine......doesnt mean its the same for you unfortunatly
regards
danzil

craigw

FPCH New Member
Athlon XP 1800+
1.54Ghz 480MB RAM

Had PC for couple of years now, no recent s/w or h/w changes.
Problem had occurred before, last year sometime - but no big issue and cleared after reboot. This time round it's pretty much constant and will happen on all screens (web pages, email, Word documents, File Folders etc.).
I don't need to be scrolling or using mouse to experience this 'rolling', page or document will open and automatically start to move or 'bounce' up and down monitor !

Any Ideas ?

craigw

FPCH New Member
Yes, have AVG 7.5 regularly updated and on scheduled system scan, also run Spybot - both results clean.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
ok download ewido though it isnt av,,,its a spy/mail/adware remover.........do a scan with it......then do your defrag...and still do online virus scan.
regards
danzil