• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Problems Printing Colour on Lexmark 640

timdalton

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Beginner
I've had my printer for a couple of years now but have never bothered printing a document in colour before until now

I got a new colour ink no 27 cartridge free with the printer when I bought it. The trouble it won't print anything!

I have reinstalled the cartridge several times, I have shook and cleaned it with a damp cloth and my hands are covered in ink, so it's not empty or dried up.

Any ideas where the blockage could be or do I simply need to buy another cartridge?!

The black cartridge works fine.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Two years is a long time to not use a cartridge. It may be clogged or dried out.

There is the Z640 and T640. With the Z640 there is probably a control panel that will let you flush the jets. With the T640 you would use the printer display window.