• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

query re windows vista and word licensing

jkillen

FPCH New Member
hi, i was given a laptop purchased from the USA with vista installed. however when i attempt to use word or any office program it says that i can only use it 25 times before i need to enter product key to register it. there is a product key on the bottom of the laptop but this does not work, do i need to buy some form of upgrade for vista?
please excuse my ignorance regarding this and thanks in advance for any help
JK

TechAdvance

FPCH Member
The programs installed are 30 day Trialware you have to either purchase the programs over the net (follow the on screen instructions after the 30 days run out)

Or uninstall them and purchase some software from a shop or online shop

The product key on the bottom of the laptop is usually the "Operating System Installation Key"

This should have helped

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
you can purchase just the license key from some website then activate it using that as techadvance says.
there are alternatives to microsoft office.
like ability office is around £50 and has office compatibilty so you can open documents you have done previously using office click here http://www.ability.com/
or there is openoffice http://www.openoffice.org/ which is free
regards
danzil