• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Random folders in C:/ and external

blakesarockstarr

FPCH New Member
So I have been noticing that some really random folders are showing up in c:/ and my external. They have names like: becf73cc0a13c8fc8a992c997eb8d8 and inside there is a little notepad doc that appears to be some sort of log but I can't figure out what or why it's there. Names like: msxml4-KB927978-enu. Can I delete these folders and why do they show up. There are like 20 or so on one and about 10 on the other.

Santa

FPCH Member
Hi,
These folders are mere logs of Windows Updates and are consequently nothing to worry about. As far as I know, its safe to delete them :).

trix.1210

FPCH Member
I agree with santa, but backup your hard disk first with norton ghost or similar. DONT REGRET SOMETHING YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED!!
Good Luck
trixy