• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Re-format

mikehhh

FPCH New Member
My computer's completely gone.
I think because of a faulty programme used a few months ago, deleteing what it said as dangerous files, but apparently it's deleted a lot of what it shouldn't have.
I need to reformat, but don't have a clue how.
Abit of assistance please.
Thanks

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
what operating system are you using?
If it is windows XP then it should be a case of popping the windows cd into the computer (make sure bios is set to boot from cd first usually to get into the bios you tap the "delete" key or f2 when the computer has just turned on,ie post....power on self test),then you can either do a repair install (saving all your files),or doing a format and then install.with XP it is really self explanitory (spelling ??).
if it is any other operating sytem then you will need to state it then i can try and help you further.
i hope that helps.
good luck

oh yeah and hi to you all great forum.im a noob to these forums and hope i can bring my knowledge to you all.