• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Realtek ac97 help!!

WEll I've been having TONS of problems with the soundcard or device thingy (not good w/ computers fyi). everyday or more I have to reinstall it cause it goes away for no reason. Usually it just works, but today it just stopped in the middle of installation and the screen vanished. I tried to install it a few more times and the same thing. So I uninstalled to program and have since been trying to find one to work. I've come across quite a few but at some point in the installation a screen pops up saying something about it not having a windows logo compatibility thingy on it and the first time i went ahead anyway but to no avail. When I restarted the computer the device was still not working. So I unistalled it and have since been trying to find a program to work but thus far have found none that are windows logo compatible or whatever. So if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.