• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

reboot problem!! need help fast please

swiminfury

FPCH New Member
i a currently trying to reboot one of my computers it is a compaq windows 98 and i have the reboot disk for it but when i try to reboot it comes up with a screen that says a drive in a prompt screen and thats as far as i get can anyone walk me thru what to put in the prompt to get my computer to reboot?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi swiminfury;

I'm a little confused here. What do you mean by a reboot disk? Are you trying to boot into Windows with or without a disk? I'm going to take a few guesses.

Are you trying to format (re-format) from a boot disk floppy?
Are you trying to boot into Windows without a disk and get to the a> prompt?
Do you need the commands at the a> prompt to format or get into Windows?

If you could clarify just a tiny bit more we should be able to help with this. I'm glad you informed us you are using Windows 98;
RandyL