• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Refurbished PC

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi bobby;
With XP getting closer and closer to the end of support a used pc is not a good buy in my opinion no matter the cost.

A PC that runs Vista needs to have massive hardware upgrades. Since most older pc's can't handle an upgrade (which would cost money anyway) the best bang for the buck is to just buy a new one at this time in my opinion.

I know that's not your question but it is good advice.
RandyL

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I agree with Randy.

Even the most basic computer, as in cheap in price, is beyond powerfull enough for most home users.

Unless you know the seller, a lot about computers, the price is half of new, and the computer is less than two years old, I recommend you purchase a new one.

The question is, what do you want to do with your computer?