• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Reinstallation of windows makes ubuntu invisible

bio-logic

FPCH New Member
I have 2 HD. One has Windows on it and the other has Ubuntu. It worked all fine until I reinstalled Windows. Now when I start my computer I don't get the prompt I used to get asking me what OS to boot. It probably has to do with a boot.ini file does it. Any help appreciated.

I have also a second problem: since Ubuntu has been installed and one of the disk partitioned by it, I can no longer see that disk in windows. Is there any way to configure the partition in order to be able to use the HD in windows (I can use both HDs in linux but only one in windows).

Thanks for any help
Emile

JEBWrench

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
I believe your best bet for your first problem may be to re-install Ubuntu as well. This will re-install the GRUB loader that allows you to select your OS to boot.

I don't recall being ever able to view the Ubuntu partition in Windows with any of my prior dual-boot systems.