• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

rely bad unexplainable lag! please help,

flobbit25

FPCH New Member
hi guys, im new here so i don't know if this is the right place to post but here go's, i recently bought a amd 5000+ black edition and a asus m2n-x plus mobo, and the installation went perfect no problems what so ever and i have 2gb of 667 ram and a ati x1650 pro graphics card :)) not the best but updateing soon) and running vista ultimite 64bit, and have installed every up tyo date driver and bios update there is for every part of hard where i have, BUT!!! my computer laggs like hell and its the worst in games when all i get is 6-20 frame rates per sec, no matter what game even if its rely low spec, but for the first 30 seconds of the game i get what u i usaly get about 100-140 fps. has any 1 any idea what is going on? its driving me mad, and if you need any more info, or have the faintist idea just ask please, thanks in advance!:)

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi flobbit;
I ***ume you updated your graphics card from the ATI site. If you haven't that might be a good place to start. Just be careful to follow the installation instructions exactly. I would set a restore point first just to be cautious.

RandyL

flobbit25

FPCH New Member
Hi flobbit;
I ***ume you updated your graphics card from the ATI site. If you haven't that might be a good place to start. Just be careful to follow the installation instructions exactly. I would set a restore point first just to be cautious.

RandyL
yea i d/l them from the ati site, and have tryed it on 4 OS now, vista ultimite, vista home prem, xp, and vista ultimte 64bit, but still the exact same, any other ideas?

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
What do you mean you tried it on 4 different OS? You have 4 computers with the exact same hardware?

Is it only games or all applications?
What does it say in EVENT viewer ?
Are there any YELLOW or RED items in your Device Manager?

JEBWrench

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
Have you shut off all running programs before running the game? (IM programs, antivirus software, etc.)?