• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

removing the recycle bin....

backudog

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Can you remove both the icon AND the name off your desktop?
I've managed to change the icon to a blank space but the words still appear and i'd like to get rid of 'em, as i don't use the recycle bin, you can remove other shortcuts links 'n' stuff off the desktop but not the bin? any help appriciated!
cheers!

backudog

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Thanx for that! you da man! quick question though, Do i need to restart my pc after downloading, unzipping then clicking on "add delete to recycle bin.reg", as once i had done all that there still isn't a delete option on recycle bin.? or am i just being a bit thick?

Jamey

FPCH Member
Yes, you do need to restart. An alternative way, though, is to just end and restart the explorer.exe process.

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to bring up the Task Manager. Click the Processes tab and find any instances of explorer.exe in the list. Select each one and then click End Task. Once the desktop icons and taskbar have vanished, click File and then Run. Type explorer.exe and click OK.

backudog

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
hmm,then i don't know whats going on, as i've restarted abou6 times now and i still haven't got the option to delete the recycle bin. it says that the info was added to the registery but still no delete option.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hello;
The link Jamey gave you also has a tweakui link. tweakui works great but be careful as it can do so much more.