• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Repeated message! can I ignore it?

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Multiple times a day mostly on Sky Email account I get the message
'Google Chrome did not shut down properly. Restore pages?'
Can this message be ignored or do have to keep clicking on the 'restore pages' invitation?
Thanks
Ray.
keep safe!

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Ray,
This message usually occurs if Chrome was open [ even shrunk to the bottom of the page ] when you shut the machine down.

You do not need to restore the pages [ opens up where you left off browsing ]

Make sure you close Chrome before you switch off if you don't want to see this again.

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks Ken
I'm not bothered as long as nothing is going wrong.
Thanks again
Ray

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
No problem Ray :)

Thinking about this ....
If it is happening even when you don't click on Chrome then it may be advisable to reset Chrome.

see here - click here

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom