• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Restart hangs

Jo

FPCH New Member
I am running an Advent pentium 4, 3.20ghz cpu, 1gb ram and XP sp 2, when I restart windows it hangs after the xp splah screen. If unplug all the usb devices except for the usb mouse and keyboard controller, switch the PC off and on again then it will load up and I can plug the other usb devices in and all is ok. I have also noticed that prior to a restart the system can take up to 5 mins to notice a usb device has been plugged in. Help is this a hardware problem or system problem?

Jo

FPCH New Member
Have tried all the suggested scans and cleans to no avail.
The model of Advent tower is T9304.
Some additional information - when the restart begins it comes up with shellconHiddenWindow not responding and I have to end it. Would this cause any problems.
Can you suggest anything else please.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
do you have music amtch install on that pc,,,,,is so and you arent using it uninstall it.
if you do need it enable it in your firewall i believe shellconhiddenwindow is part of music match.
try that 1st that may cure this issue
regards
danzil