• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Restarting on Windows Loading Screen

Somanah

FPCH New Member
by helping me fix my PC!

Ok so the problem is, i turn on my PC and on screen is a bunch of vertical lines. One it gets to the windows loading screen, i blue screen flases up with a bunch of text on it, then the PC restarts. I can't read what's on the blue screen because the PC restarts before i can read anything.

Also right now it is working in safe mode. And last night i tried updating the graphics drivers, so after i uninstalled the old ones then restarted the PC loaded up and worked fine. Wasn't till installed the new drivers that it started bugging out again.

any suggestion would be a great help.

Running Windows XP with a GeForce 7950 GT

A friend showed me how to stop my computer auto restarting when i get the BSOD so i read the error.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xB9A3A030, 0x00000000, 0x8052AB40, 0x00000000)

All the guides said probably faulty hardware and to run hardware diagnostics to pinpoint the problem but i have no idea how to do that.

Last edited:

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Somanah

Welcome to Free PC Help.

Have you added any new hardware recently. If you have two RAM modules remove one and then try the other.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Last night i tried updating the graphics drivers, so after i uninstalled the old ones then restarted the PC loaded up and worked fine. Wasn't till installed the new drivers that it started bugging out again.
Then it seems to me that the logical solution is to go back to the old drivers. In other words, don't fix what isn't broken.

Start the system up in whatever mode you can to remove the drivers. When the drivers are installed that work (as you said above), then go with it, and enjoy your computer.

Never update a driver unless you have a specific need to do so.