• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Restore factory settings bad

PC Experience
Beginner
Tried to reset computer to factory settings through settings on windows 10 using Packard Bell. Came up with a blue screen, delete all or save personal files. I clicked delete all. It got to about 50% and said there was a problem so it had to cancel and no changes were made. I clicked to go back to windows 10 and it keeps flashing black screen and then Packard Bell logo with small writing at bottom to press del or f12 to display boot menu. How do I get it back?

KenB

Administrator
Hi Heidi, and welcome to FpcH

What is the exact Model Number of your P-Bell machine please?

If you press F12 - what options are you given ?

Do you have a "Recovery CD" ?

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Just to add to what Ken has already asked.....

Did this Machine come with Win 10 installed or was the system upgraded to Win 10 from an older Operating System?