• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

router help!

paulrow83

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Beginner
firstly please excuse my ignorance but i am not great with computers but i desperately need some help!

i live and work in a hotel. there is a wireless router on the ground floor and my room is on the 2nd floor. the signal only reaches outside my door and not inside my room so i have to sit in the corridoor to use the internet which is obviously not good.

i know there are a few options to me. i've tried homeplugs with no luck so i'm thinking maybe a wireless access point, a signal booster or signal repeaters?

the other thing is that my boss isn't very keen on me messing with they're connection but i can hook something up to they're router in the evening but i can't access they're computer so whatever i get needs to be able to be set up without having to run any wiards or change any of they're settings.

ideally i want to be able to play my playstation online and i have read you can run it through your laptop by bridging connections or something but i have failed at that too (i can get away with leaving my laptop outside my door)

i know to use my ps3 i'm going to need a decent signal so that might also be a factor

please help me!

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Hi, and welcome to Free PC Help.
So far, I cannot be sure if you actually have permission to use the hotel internet connection.

In this case I can only recommend that you ask your employer if it would be possible to install a connection in your room.

W

Wolfeymole

In addition what you ask is tantamount to seeking advice on how to hack a connection.

Advice regarding help in this direction obviously cannot be offered.

Perhaps it may be better that you consider joining Vodafone or T Mobile etc on a mobile USB Modem contract to ensure connectivity.

Top Bottom