• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

RUNDLL error message.

Keen0

FPCH New Member
HI, I get a 'RUNDLL' message. This happens when I boot up and at random intervals of my usage. it says 'Error loading newdev.dll' 'Error performing inpage operation' I'd be most grateful for any help with fixing this problem as I've tried registry fix programs and all to no avail. The message pops up in a small box about 12 times on start up and about 3 times at random intervals. PLEASE HELP AS IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!!!
many thanks,
Rob

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
have you added any new devices lately..check in device manager for any issues.
newdev.dll should be in your windows\system32\ directory.
if not try downloading it from here and re-installing it. http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?newdev
what is the exact error.
download that dll then install it in safe mode may be best. to get to safe mode tap f8 repeatdly at startup then select safe mode.
let me know if i can help anymore
regards
danzil

Keen0

FPCH New Member
Hi,

Tried your help and still to no avail. It makes start up sooooooooooo slow and also freezes my computer when it randomly keeps popping up. It seems that its just appeared from nowhere and also pops up when ever I plug anything into the USB ports. Again any help most gratefully received.
Rob

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
newdev.dll is the dll windows uses for plug and play i believe.
try popping your xp cd in then doing the following.
start>run type in sfc /scannow.
this will scann your system files for corrupt or missing entries.give that a go then post back
regards
danzil

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
also try a scan for viruses using www.trendmicro.com
there are plenty of nasties out there that can course this....
you may of tried an anti virus scan but please try this as well
regards
danzil
post back what it found. if you can not boot into xp as normal try safe mode with networking....but have not tested trendmicro this way