• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

S-Video help needed

PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi,
I want to play downloaded .avi's from my laptop onto my TV.
I know I need a s-video cable (and scart converter)

But I'm not sure exactly which ones I should get!

I have put a link below to amazon search results!

Amazon.co.uk: s-video - Electronics & Photo: Electronics & Photo

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

(I'm just worried that if I get a cable with no audio jack then I won't get audio on the TV???)

I think I need these 2 things to get what I want...
Amazon.co.uk: Belkin S-Video Cable - Gold * Minidin4M/Minidin4M; 5M: Belkin: Electronics & Photo and
Amazon.co.uk: Belkin Composite/S-Video Cnnctr * Scart/3Xrca/Mindin4M;Gold: Belkin: Electronics & Photo
Am I right?!

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!!

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Welcome to Free PC Help Polly.

From what web site are you obtaining the movies?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Ok.

You shouldn't need any video converter/adapter. If your laptop has an S-video output and your TV has an S-video input, then a basic S-video cable will suffice. Note that you may have to use a "Function" key to activate the S-video output.

For sound, you'll need the appropriate sound cable that will go from the audio out on the laptop to an audio input on the tv. I can't advise on that without further information.

Also note that you can view the movies on the TV and have the sound come from the laptop if you're so inclined.