• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

SAS Quick scan vs Complete

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
I see that SAS has options to scan in either Quick or Complete mode.

What do you think about running a Quick scan on startup and Complete scans once/week?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I see that SAS has options to scan in either Quick or Complete mode.

What do you think about running a Quick scan on startup and Complete scans once/week?

On a suggestion from a SAS owner (me lol!), the company will be incorporating an advanced scheduled scan option in which a combination of the quick and complete scan can be utilized.

SAS's real time protection will keep out most infections. Of the the malware that gets through, the "quick" scan will catch 90% of it.

I recommend user education from the "How to prevent a malware infection" post, and a complete sas scan once per week.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
What do you think about running a Quick scan on startup
I think I would be quite upset that this utility was running every time I started up my computer. Even on a fast system it will still take 2 to 5 minutes to complete which is way beyond my patience time :eek: :D

Seriously I don't think anyone would want or need it to run on startup doing a scan.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I hardly ever scan. There's no reason to. I can't get it to find anything on my computer. Since I have protection and don't install dubious software my system is always clean.

As for my old computer there is no way I would run a startup scan ever. Way too slow.