• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Sata cloning issue Star Tech Satdock22r

Kr1ssy091

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi there. I'm currently trying to clone a 320gb western digital hard drive into a 500gb mdt drive. Windows 7 OS. I've used this dock before, but this particular clone stalls at 80%. The cloning seems to go at a pretty good speed until it gets to 80%...and then just sits there for hours :/ I've tried the cloning of the 320gb drive on to two diff 500gb drives...same results. Although it worked 500gb to 500gb yesterday using another master drive. Any suggestions as to the issue? Thanks! :) kris

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Hi and welcome to Free PC Help,
you didn't say which cloning software you are using, have you tried a different software?

Some time since I wrote a tutorial on using the free version of Macrium Reflect here :-

http://magazine.freepchelp.uk/making-a-cloned-hard-drive-using-macrium-reflect/

If that is not the software you are using, give it a try, I have had no problems with it, though being a freeware it may be a little slower than some others. Worth a try.

Since writing the tutorial, later updates have changed some aspects, however most of it is still relevant.

Nev.

Kr1ssy091

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Nev thanks for the reply :) I'm not using software I've got a sata to sata dock. Duplicates full hard drives at the press of a button. It usually works great but not on this occasion and it's baffling the hell out of me :/ maybe I should try that software out?!

Top Bottom