• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

screen crash whenever i play a game or 3d app!

Whenever i attempt to play a game on my windwos xp pc, after a minute or two the screen says, no signal detected. i have the latest updates for my graphics card, and its not done this before. if you need my diagnostics please say so on here. Any, and all thanks would be helpful, ive tried evrything from pushing all of the boards back in to downloading software, reinstalling games etc. Please help!!

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Welcome to Free PC Help

No signal -> you should check the cable from the monitor to the pc is still good.

Make sure your graphics cards fan is not full of dust, if so you should clean it -> compressed air works nicely.

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Sneaky

Does this card have a fan built in, as it may need cleaning.
If that's ok do you have onboard video that you can try in case the card is faulty?

Ive had the same problem, on my pc however it at least appears to be on every game, including World of warcraft.my graphics card is the nvidia geforce6200 with the latest updates (i did them today) with an AMD semprom 2800+ 2.0 ghz procesor. my monitor is a BENQ FP92W. after playing a game for a few minuted the screen and sound both crash, with the screen displaying, no signal detected. I have tried nudging all of the boards, including memory, into position but this has not helped. Any thoughts?

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Ive had the same problem, on my pc however it at least appears to be on every game, including World of warcraft.my graphics card is the nvidia geforce6200 with the latest updates (i did them today) with an AMD semprom 2800+ 2.0 ghz procesor. my monitor is a BENQ FP92W. after playing a game for a few minuted the screen and sound both crash, with the screen displaying, no signal detected. I have tried nudging all of the boards, including memory, into position but this has not helped. Any thoughts?
This only happens when you play a game or during normal windows usage?

yeah thanks for the fast response. yes the screen only crashes when on an app, i can use all other functions perfectly normally for as long as i need. i have checked the monitor cables, but i think is something more as the sound crashes at the same time. i will try cleaning the fan etc thanks :)

W

Wolfeymole

Clean all fans Sneaky including the cpu heatsink fan, the heatsink itself and all other case fans and finally the PSU fan as best you can.
It goes without saying that you should not dismantle the PSU to do so, but it has happened before.

i think that maybe the power source is incompatible with my graphics card, as all my games worked fine untill, the powers source was replaced with a different model. Thoughts?