• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Screen problems

yankoz

FPCH Member
hey everyone,i been having some problems with my monitor, for some reason when i turn the pc on the monitor will come with the motherboard make screen (the screen where u can go on the bios),then load windows and then switch off,the computer will keep running but the screen is just black!!!,i know my way around with computers but i what ever i tried i cant fix the problem.

oh yeah and another thing, the monitor i using is actualy an LCD tv,my sister uses it to play her xbox 360 with HD,it has a monitor output so i use that,could that be the problem?

any suggestions would be of great help :)

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help yankoz.

To determine if the lcd is at fault, try it on another computer, or try a different monitor on the computer.

For a possible software problem, try Safe Mode by continuously tapping F8 as soon as you turn on the computer. Use the arrow keys to select safe mode then press enter. Is it fine in Safe Mode?

yankoz

FPCH Member
hey thx for the reply, i tried it on a different monitor and it was fine it loaded up without a problem,but the real problem is when i restart the computer,i restarted the computer on to the new monitor and it still gives the problem,windows will load up and then monitor will switch off, i tried it in safe mode on to the new monitor,loaded it fine and then i restarted it in safe mode and it was fine,so i m guessing is a software problem :(, any suggestions?

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I am 99% sure that you have to force the software Nvidea and ATI driver software that is t recognise the monitor - get the screen on in safe mode if need be and right click the desktop and select nvidea options there is a setting in there saying TV detection -
There is an option in their - its something to do with the way that TV's connect to the PC.