• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Security help please.

lady_remo

FPCH New Member
Hi all, my parents have been having trouble recently with someone trying to access their online bank account. I've done a a full scan for virus, adaware and spyware on their pc but nothing major has shown up. To give them ( and me) piece of mind could anyone suggest searching for something specific? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Well Spybot and AdAware though once great are no longer quite up to par with some
of the current Malware out on the Internet. For now I would recommend to uninstall
both of them and then download and install both of these applications which are much
more up to date on removing Malware/Spyware from systems these days.

Make sure you allow both of them to update their definition files and then run a scan on
your system and then have them clean up any entries found.

Once both of these have run and scanned/cleaned your system then run another HiJackThis Log Only
and post that new log.

SUPERAntiSpyware 3.9

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.05