• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

sending messages to other users (?)

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Oh dear, I wonder if they have to be logged on first? Is it possible for you to log into their account, just to at least activate it, or not?
I will check that in about an hour or so.
Nev.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Hi, sorry about this but it does appear that the other users have to be logged on. Not only that, if they log off, or you log them off, the message is lost. I thought it seemed to good to be true when I discovered it.
However if the machine can be left on and all users logged on but not active, the system will work.
Otherwise it is back to the drawing board.
The only way I can see left now, is providing all users have internet access and an E Mail account, is to send them E Mails
Nev.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I personally don't know of any program to do this but I was intrigued by what Nev found.

The only thing that came to my mind was to install a messenger like Windows live or Yahoo messenger. If each person had a messenger account that was setup to start automatically at startup then a messenger service would recieve it at loggging into the Windows user account.

Not exactly the best way but the others would immediately see that an offline message was sent.

kay

FPCH Member
I honestly dont think that you can on an OS that is not business based, here is the normal method for Server 2003 etc
Send a message to a user: Terminal Services - you could try this and see if it works, im not at home so could not try............
That`s for servers im not on a server.and the IM is a good idea but only if i could someohow make it private so users couldn`t add anyone only admin could do that.

Top Bottom