• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

setting up a capture card

peggy4b

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Basic
hi there, totally new to this site - hoping someone can help - i am trying to set up a capture card on my laptop and don't really know what i'm doing!! things didn't start off well when i cut the blister pack of the capture card and cut into the software disc! however, i got the software downloaded and installed ok. the reason i want a capture card is i am trying to take a load of progerammes off my v+ box and put onto my laptop. the v+ does give you the option of archiving your programes via recording them through a dvd or video - however i no longer have a video and i do not have a recordable dvd player. i have watched a few videos on youtube but they mainly concentrate on capturing videos from games consoles. i have a usb connection at the end of the capture card then the 3 yellow, red and white connections things at the other end - they require red, yellow and white connections to go into them. i am ***uming i have to somehow connect all this to my tv? or would it be the v+ box itself? i tried connecting it via a scart connection into the tv and the other end of this lead had the red, yellow and white plugs which i plugged into the first cable which is connected to the laptop. i then opened up the program (ulead??) but it couldn't find the signal. ulead won't let me change the settings either. i think i may need another type of cable?? any info anyone could give me would be really appriciated. many thanks x