• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

so piddled off!

wardyboyo

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
for someone i dont even known i installed a new mobo cpu+psu and repair installed windows xp and all he wants to give me is £20!

im not happy!

i just had to get that off my chest!...sorry :D

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
I did repair install for someone and got +- £50(converted) :)
life is just not fair
some you win, some you loose.
Next time will be better :)

petef

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
wardyboyo said:
for someone i dont even known i installed a new mobo cpu+psu and repair installed windows xp and all he wants to give me is £20!

im not happy!

i just had to get that off my chest!...sorry :D
I say just take what he offers and consider this as a lesson for future business.
The lesson learned is the general practice of providing a cost estimate in writing
prior to doing the work. Even if you can't provide an exact amount you can always
provide a min and max range. If you get intot he job and dscover you can't do the
job for the price you estimated, you simple call the customer and renegotiate the
fee before completing the job.

---pete---

wardyboyo

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
suppose.. but i can still get the hdd i wanted.

160gb hitachi for £26 :D

good price or?