• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] A PDF Editing Question ... Diary App by Droid Veda ... Version 4.7

Ray1000

FPCH Member
PC Experience
I hope everyone is well.

I’ve recently gone up in the world ... from Vista to Windows 10 in one go

Actina Prime
8GB Memory
HDD 1TB SATA 64MB
Core i3 3.4GHz
Video G Force GTX650

I don’t know if anyone can help me with this ...

I’ve been keeping an electronic diary on a tablet using an App by DroidVeda ... Diary Version 4.7.

Every so often I’ll back it up, convert it to a PDF and email it to my desktop PC ... at some point I ended up with two PDFs ... say Jan 2016 to Nov 2016 and a separate one Dec 2016 to the present day.

The question is ... how can I join these two PDFs together

And ... Will I be able to continue writing the diary direct onto an ongoing PDF instead of using the tablet App

I have Microsoft Office 2007

I looked at downloading an editable PDF program but didn’t want to pick up any unwanted rubbish on my new computer.

Thank you in advance

Ray

joddle

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Using a PDF is not a good way of maintaining a running record. These files are reallyfor keeping a copy of something ready for a record or printing later - and for that they are very good.

There are programmes such as Acrobat which are very expensive where you can edit and join PDF files and some free cut down versions on the web such as PDF Creator but these are more limited in what they can do.

The best way of keeping a running document is by using a programme designed for that purpose - and only converting to PDF to keep a record or backup of the information.

If you really want to join the information then you could scan the outputs of the PDFs as images or use OCR and create a Word or Publisher or similar document of all the entries together then convert that to a single PDF later - not my cup of tea though!

KenB

Administrator
Hi Ray,

If you want to join PDFs together try this piece of software - click here
I have used it and it is not bad at all. It is also free.

You can move PDFs up / down the list before you actually save the document.

Ray1000

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Problem solved again Ken ... the PDF Merger works perfectly and doesn't seem to add anything unnecessary to the PC.

Thank you

Ray

Top Bottom