• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Appropriate Use Of Ccleaner?

snapper

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I'm a new user of the program called "Ccleaner". I'm NOT interested in using it as a registry cleaner. What are the appropriate settings, etc. for firefox & internet explorer?
I'm on windows 7, premium edition.

KenB

Administrator
Hi and welcome to FpcH :)

It is a long time since I used CCleaner.
Certainly do not use the Registry option - on this or any other so-called Registry Tuneup / Clean / Tweek etc etc software.
Invariably they do more harm than good.

This may help - click here

You could use Windows own Disk Cleanup.

I have added a link to this and a bit more. - click here

snapper

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thank you for the information. It does clear up the confusion. I bookmarked the Ccleaner wikiHow,