• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Black Screen.

Wombat

PC Experience
Some Experience
Black screen. My Asus PC is turned on but has a black screen. Can not be turned off using the power button. Can not open screen.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi and welcome to FpcH

1 - Is this a laptop ?

2. -If so ......... Do you have a monitor that you can plug in and try ?
You may have to use the Fn key and F5 or F8 to toggle between the screen and monitor.
Look for 2 rectangular symbols on the F keys.

3. - Can you hear anything coming from the machine? [ hard drive spinning / Windows startup chimes ]

4. - You posted this in the phones / Android forum.
I am assuming that this is not what you wanted?

Last edited:

Wombat

PC Experience
Some Experience
You are correct, it is a ASUS laptop. In fact I went to the ASUS site and found a solution in their FAQ's. All sorted now. Thanks for your response.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

If you could post what you did to fix it - this may help others. :)

Wombat

PC Experience
Some Experience
Held down the power button for some time until the PC powered down. Then powered it up again and it re-booted normally.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Thanks for that.
I am sure somebody with the same problem will benefit from this :)

Top Bottom