• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Computer wont shut down!

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi everybody back again for some help please!
I am running Windows 8.1 with HP Envy 23
It won't turn off from the start menu. I have repeatedly tried and have to resort to pulling out thr power plug (not best way I believe!) any suggestions please?
Ray

KenB

Administrator
Hi Ray,

Very often, in cases like yours, Windows will request a shut-down and certain software will refuse to close as they are waiting for data or writing data.
You don't have
Trusteer Rapport Security Software do you ?

I have seen this cause similar problems.

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Ken
Thanks for your rapid reply.
I seem to have resolved the problem by turning off via the on/off switch rather than the start menue. it's now working from the start menue so perhaps it was just a glitch.
Thanks again Ken
Ray

KenB

Administrator
I have been away for a few days.

Good to hear that you have resolved your problem Ray :)

Top Bottom