• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] CPU temperature is to high on my new mobo,please help

wolcan93

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
hello, i have a problem with my system, i recently bought a new mobo (asus m5a97 r2.0) and my cpu temperature is much higher than on my old mobo...but the weirdest thing is that the asus heat sensor shows that my cpus (fx-4100) temperature in idle is 44 celsius , however another software (open hardware monitor) shows that my cpu temp is 28 celsius in idle, i have checked the heatsinks they are properly attached ,so which software one is right? not to mention that after 5 min of prime 95 asus heat sensor shows that my cpu is at 68 celsius but the open hardware monitor shows that it's only 50celsius...and i have noticed one more thing,when i go to the BIOS my cpu temp after 10min goes up to 79celsius,can anyone help me?please

BreatGritain

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You might be able to see the system temperature in the computers BIOS, if you can this will probably be the most accurate reading you will get, as there is less software to interfere with any readings.

Personally, I use software called "speedfan" to check the temp of my computers, and I've never had any issues with it.

It might be worth considering the possibility that your new motherboard could have a faulty temperature sensor giving misleading results - im not sure if that's possible, but if it is it could be nothing to worry about.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Speedfan - as BreatGritain suggests or try speccy from here:

click here

Post the results idle and under load

wolcan93

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
problem solved, i have changed the thermal compound and i bought a new heatsink (CM TX3 evo) and now my cpu temp (after 30 minutes in prime95) is 51 celsius :D thanks for the help :)

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
That is good to hear.

I will mark this one as "solved".

Top Bottom