• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Cpu usage on call of duty 100%

AdzSNR

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi. I'm very new to pc gaming. I've had my pc just 3 months and I've been playing call of duty perfectly fine up until a few days ago. My cpu usage in task manager is between 80% & 100%. In game I'm getting latency I wasn't before. The in game cpu time is resting at 17ms on the menu screen (lobby) but goes higher in game. My gpu seems normal on the in game display. I've tried reinstalling graphics card & all driver's. A full system reboot. I've followed every suggested tutorial online either YouTube or web pages and nothing has worked. I'm new to all this and wonder if I'm missing something. This happened suddenly after 3 months of amazing performance so I really dont get it. Please help.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi and welcome to FpcH

We are not gamers here so advice may be limited.

Do the following please:
Without running C-o-Duty
CTRL + Alt + Del all at the same time.
Under the "Processes" tab ..... take a look at the CPU column.
Is there anything showing in the left column with a high[ish] CPU usage ?

Mine is very low at the moment [ incomplete ]
1630685455368.png

Now do the same thing with C-o-Duty running.

AdzSNR

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi and welcome to FpcH

We are not gamers here so advice may be limited.

Do the following please:
Without running C-o-Duty
CTRL + Alt + Del all at the same time.
Under the "Processes" tab ..... take a look at the CPU column.
Is there anything showing in the left column with a high[ish] CPU usage ?

Mine is very low at the moment [ incomplete ]
View attachment 2125

Now do the same thing with C-o-Duty running.
Thank you for your reply. Everything is normal in task manager until I run modern warfare.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Can you give me a screen shot of the CPU usages when the game is running please?
Run the game > Press "PrtSc" on the top row of keyboard
Then come here - hit "Reply" and then CTRL + V

AdzSNR

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thank you for the response. At this time I seem to have fixed it. The game us running at about 60% cpu now. I just had my first game in a week with no lag or getting disconnected. Thanks :)

AdzSNR

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Let's hope it stays that way :)
Yes me to :) . I'm very new to pc in general. I will say the help is out there but I had to soft through to find out the issue. My gpu wasn't being used in game, leading to 99/100% cpu usage. I re installed my nvidia drivers in correctly. I used, an amazing free program & it re downloaded my drivers, all of them. For anyone installing nvidia graphics card drivers use this software as for some reason geforce experience is downloading the incorrect drivers that are utilizing cpu over gpu. I dont understand it all that much but I swear I've learnt so much this past week trying to fix the issue. A lot of false or incomplete information. I've never trouble shot with a fix before so I'm happy for now. Going into bios etc was daunting but I feel more confident on my pc as a whole now. Also really glad I found this forum incase of any future issues. Big thanks for the replys, it means a lot to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdzSNR

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Big thanks Ken B 👊💚

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom