• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR NO LONGER WORKS

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi all I've had a marvellous little programme on my PC called 'HP print and scan doctor' to detect printer/scan problems with my old but still going great HP psc 1110 all in one printer/scanner/copier
In the past all I had to do is start the programme via a desktop icon and the programme automatically finds and solves the problem such as a print queue or other problem common issues
Now the programme doesn't work and I don't seem to be able to get a fresh download from HP1 Can anyone point me to a viable download please?
Thanks
Ray

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Ray,

Now the programme doesn't work and I don't seem to be able to get a fresh download from HP1 Can anyone point me to a viable download please?
Is the HP Print and Scan Dr in your uninstall list?
If so, uninstall it ( it's not working anyway) and download a fresh copy from: HP Print and Scan Dr

This is a direct download:

Let me know if this works for you.
If not we can look at other alternatives.

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Pete
Print scan Dr not on uninstall list. I've tried downloading with link you sent plus from HP site direct and its the same it shows files being extracted by interface does not appear.
Ray

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I've just tried the link and it downloaded and installed fine on my Win10 system.
Did you right click on the downloaded icon and select run as Administrator?

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Pete
I just got to download the print scan doctor by using right click download icon but click administrator didn't work so I clicked the next one down' troubleshoot compatibility.
I wont go through all the details but used a series of prompts and guesses on my part and eventually got the programme to download.
I have noted all the moves I made to be able to download print scan doctor when I next need it.
Once again Pete your help has been priceless!
Thank you so much
Ray

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I'm glad you sorted it out Ray.
Thanks for letting us know. :)

Top Bottom