• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] mouse required a re-boot

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I have just changed to W10 and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Did the mouse needed a reboot? I only found this out because I removed the battery to check its voltage before sending it back. It lit the red light thing underneath which enables it to work. So it was connecting.
Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Jim

You are not having a good time with your new Win 10 are you ?

Are you saying that the mouse doesn't work properly?
Were you given a dongle with the mouse?
Looks a bit like this -
1625576962491.png

This would need to be plugged in to a USB port.

If you have this connected and the mouse still isn't working then take a look underneath the mouse.
There should be a "connect" or "sync" button.
With the dongle in place and the mouse switched on - press the "connect" button to sync the mouse.

Try now.

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks KenB. yes I am getting bad luck with W10. I have been on W7 too long :).
Even the laptops w10 wasn't so bad.

Before your post I rebooted the mouse by removing and re-inserting the battery. It worked but having read your post I found the hitherto unnoticed small button with the label connect. It was almost unreadably small print in the same plastic. I hadn't noticed it before so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

We have had visitors from Friday to Sunday so I have been busy. Luckily the super markets supplied all the eats we needed and delivered to our door, so it was just a matter of arranging things which did not include my computer.

Jim.

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Since reading your post KenB I have had a look under the wireless key board. It also has a little 'connect' button there :).
Jim

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Is your mouse now working properly Jim ?

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks KenB for coming back on that.
You said
Is your mouse now working properly Jim ?
Yes thanks, all uncy dory.
Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I will mark this one a "Solved" :)

Top Bottom