• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Solve IQ?

A Bit Annoyed

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi, looking for some advice.

My dear old Dad became quite ill last week. Once he was feeling better, he asked me to help him order some stuff online. On his desktop, I noticed the icon for SolveIQ. Dad has no memory of downloading this and I certainly didn't download it for him. I checked when it was installed, which was 23/10/21, a day when I remember him having trouble getting his laptop to connect to his printer. Could this have been bundled with an update, or has he managed to click on a link and download while trying to solve a problem. Or, could it have been a pop up?
I have uninstalled SolveIQ and run Malwarebytes.
Is there anything else I should do?
Dad has scared himself a little and is not using his laptop much right now, so I am not too worried at the moment at what he might be doing, but want him to be safe.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi,
Solve IQ is legitimate as far as I can tell.
Amongst other things it is used for keeping device drivers up to date. [ Printers for example ]
This is not a free service.
It has probably come bundled with other software but
I suggest that you check with your father's bank to make sure that a direct debit has not been set up.

I did find an "official" link to download it.
This is probably for a trial period - possibly what happened with your father.

Their email address is ....... support@solveiq.com

Their website is here - Home - Solve iQ
you can scroll down for more information.

It looks as if you need to create an account to make a payment.
If your father didn't do this then deleting SolveIQ should see the last of it.
You can try logging on here - Account Portal
Get them to send a password reset.
If your email address is not on their system you don't have an account.

Check with the bank - just as a precaution.

Last edited:

A Bit Annoyed

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi

Thank you for your reply. I will look into it. I did check through Dads emails for any correspondence from them, but couldn't see anything.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
It probably came bundled but best to be sure (y)

Top Bottom