• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] TP-Link Powerline extender Wi-Fi stopped working

madon37s

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi all,

I while back I set up my house with one TP-Link TL-WPA4220 kit and an extra two AV600 Powerline range extender units and they were working well but in the last week I have noticed that my (and my wife's) mobile phones won't connect to the wi-fi! we get a message saying there is no network available (or something like that at least).

Does anyone know what has happened and if so what I can do to correct it please? I believe that in the powerline utility icon on my desktop it is possible to create new passwords etc but I haven't got a clue how to do that. Actually, I have just opened this icon and there appears to be nothing stored on it regarding my powerline adapter or extenders under the "network" tab!

Any help will as always be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi
I have a similar problem with mine.
I unplug the master unit for 10 to 20 seconds and plug it in again.
It re-connects to the other units after a couple of minutes.

madon37s

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the advice. That seemed to have worked (y)

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi,
Glad it worked for you.

Mine drops out regularly - not sure why - but the solution is simple enough :)

Top Bottom