• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

sound and graphics card

Whiteflag35

FPCH New Member
I just bought my pc from www.gooddealpc.co.uk.

The specs I paid for are as follows:

Sempron 64 Base Unit
AMD AM2 Motherboard, AMD Sempron 2800+ Processor (64 bit), 512mb DDR2 Memory, 160 gb SATA 7200rpm hard drive, DVDRW (Dual layer), Geforce 6100 (integrates), Black case, Standard psu, 2.1 Speakers, 17 inch multimedia TFT.

I installed windows 98 and then upgraded to XP and I installed the game Empire at war.
The min specs for this game are as follows:

Computer: 100% DIRECT X 9
CPU: Intel pentium 3 or AMD Athlon 1.0ghz or higher
Memory: 256mb
Graphics: 32mb 3d card with hardware transform and lighting capability
Sound: 100% direct x 9
DVD-rom required

The game should run but it says the graphics card is unsifficient. It also says I have no sound card.

I then installed AOL and plugged my modem in but it said it couldn't detect my modem. Can someone help please??

Jamey

FPCH Member
The first thing to do is download the official NVIDIA drivers from www.nvidia.com. They will take a few minutes to download on a broadband connection. This should sort out the graphics card problem.

As for the sound card, open up Device Manager. For a quick way to do this: click Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc. Look to see which pieces of hardware have an exclamation mark next to them and post the name(s) back here.