• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Sound Problem

millwalll

FPCH New Member
Hi all,

I got windows vista and cant get any sound out of my speakers that are built into my laptop. I have gone to system information and this information is listed below. When I got my laptop it had xp on and the speakers worked fine since I have update to vista they dont.

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0861&SUBSYS_17340000&REV_1003\4&23AF2C7F&0&0101
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.0.5840.16387, 230.00 KB (235,520 bytes), 02/11/2006 10:25)

is there way I can find out excatly what speakers I have and download any new drivers ??

richammond

FPCH Member
The main problem i can see is that the sound card drivers MIGHT not be compatible with vista. Go to the manufactures website and download the drivers for vista.

Hope that helps

Let us know

Richard

millwalll

FPCH New Member
How do I find out excatly what speakers? when I purcahes the laptop it was vista capable so I would assume the speakers would work.

richammond

FPCH Member
It's not the speakers u need, it's the sound card model.

Start --> Run--> dxdiag and go to the sound tab. You will get info on your soundcard