• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Sound Problems

dinki7

FPCH New Member
I'm having trouble with both Windows Media Player & VLC player, no sound when playing mp3 files. I'm using XP

Any help most sincerely appreciated

Kind regards
Dinki7

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
go to start>control panel>sound and audio devices>double click it make sure all sounds are turned up in there....and also make sure windows medis player has its volumke set to max.
i have had this problem, i had to make sure media player had its volume set to max.
may also be worth the driver is installed.start>control panel>system>hardware>device mangager>
under sounds video and game controllers is there a yellow exclamation mark
regards
danzil