• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Sound

quaytec

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Hi guys
Got a sound problem everything works fine except Youtube don't get any sound there at all is there anything i need to config or download to get it ?
Thanx....

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi quaytec:
I would update your flash player manually if I were you and see if that works. Note that you might need to uncheck bundled options like the google toolbar if you don't want it installed.

If you still have issues you may need to run the flash player uninstaller before reinstalling.

Also I have seen instances where the new install fails unless the stand alone installer is used.

But for now I would try the first step.

quaytec

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Tried that uninstalled and reinstalled fine but still no sound :confused:

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Did you download the full version in that link Wolfeymole provided?

After you downloaded it run the Codec Tweak Tool.

Then check the box next to Fix non-working system sound.

quaytec

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Can't click it. Not hi-lighted says no problem detected :(

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Are you using Internet Explorer or FireFox.

Whichever one you are using try the other one to see if it works.

Also make sure the sound is not muted in YouTube. Click the little speaker under the video.

Last edited: