• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

space bar on laptop has stopped working!!

vicki20

FPCH New Member
up untill recently my advent laptop keyboard was working fine. turned it on 2 days ago and my space bar is no longer working, i need my laptop for work and cancelled my insurence on it a month ago, when i troubleshoot it, it tells me everything is running correctly, dont know what else to try! please help!!

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi

Silly as may sound but make sure that there is no debris got under the key, if it has DO NOT USE any solvents or cleaners but gently blow behind the key to clear it if not a gentle shake. (you will be surprised what comes out!)

How old is the laptop?
What OS is it running?
What was the last thing you did before it stopped working?

Les

vicki20

FPCH New Member
the laptop is just under a year old, it was playing up slightly, i was having to tap it in a certain place for it to work.

i tried cleaning under the space bar, even took the key of to clean it properly, but still nothing. have troubleshooted it but all comes back as working correctly.

and im not quite sure what an "oc" is?

vicki

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi Vicki

What Make & Model is it, And what OS (Operating System) is it running?

Les