• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Speed up music

Juno

FPCH New Member
Using Windows XP

I've been listening to a song on Windows Media player on high speed (Ctrl+Shift+G).

Is there any way to permanently 'stick' the song on high speed, so when I transfer it to my MP3 player, it'll stay that way?

I

imported_Mike

Hi there,

Yes you can. Download a free program called Audacity from here.

Once installed, open the MP3 you want to change, and then Edit -> Select -> All...

Here's the fun part, now go to Effects -> Change Speed OR Change Tempo... suggest you preview both and have a play about to see which effect suits you the best.

Hope this helps,
Regards