• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Spell check

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi all. For some reason my spellcheck is, er! not checking, although it is whilst I'm writing this & make a deliberate mistake, to confirm it is working,
& when I use Microsoft Works to compose. But it doesn't give me the option to correct on an email when I hover over the miss-pelt word.
Another weird happening is, I sometimes get a correctly spelt word underlined with 2 blue lines! again on emails. Hovering over this, I get a grammar suggestion, I've checked the settings & spell check is activated, can't see anything for the underlining though.
Any ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

Rustys

PC Experience
Very Experienced
Is there a particular program that you are asking about or Windows over all.

Each program should have setting to turn on and off spell check. Some one else may know if in Windows there is a setting personally I have never seen one.

With some operating system I have worked with if you do not have a language selected this will not work.

For Chrome Click the three Vertical dots go to settings then under language and make sure spell check is turned on.

1591288121585.png

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi, Thanks for your reply, my system is Windows 8.1 I already have that set to spell check, but the option doesn't appear in the three dots drop down, but clicking on advanced further down, gives the option & is selected to on..

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Still no spell check when using email construction. Nor on the double blue lines that underline a particular word when grammar alternative is offered ???

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Could you let us know which email provider you are using. It would help :)

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi, I was told about a local chappie who's a retired pc wizard, problem sorted. I didn't ask what he'd done as I wouldn't have understood what he was saying, Telephone number saved!

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Glad to hear that your problem is now sorted.

Top Bottom