• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

suitable programme or advice.

brib1988

FPCH Member
i want to put some programmes onto disc but they are too big for them to be placed onto normal cd disc so i have to put them onto a dvd rom disc but i dont know how to iv tried compressing them and tried using magic iso, can any one help with trying to get these programmes onto a disc?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi brib;

First of all what version of Windows are you using? Vista has a native DVD burning software. XP only has a native CD burning software.

Aside from that if you have a DVD burner it most likely came with software. Which programs do you have. Perhaps Roxio or Nero?

Maybe if you supply the exact make and model of your computer as well as the operating system we can determine what your options are.

What I don't understand is why a "PROGRAM" won't fit onto a CD. Very few programs would need more the 750 MB. Unless you are talking about an operating system like XP or Vista.

Can you give us more information please?
RandyL

W

Wolfeymole

You will have to get double layer single sided dvd disks that can hold up to 8.5GB but do you have a dvd drive that will support them?

brib1988

FPCH Member
yes i have a dvd drive that will will support them i copied a windows xp os onto a dvd disc before and it worked perfectly fine no problems. randyl in my post i specified programmes so i have multiple programmes to go to disc but i do not want to waste single discs putting one programme on to it. I will look for a burning programme but in the mean time the computer is an advent 7094 with 256mb ddr ram, 30gb hdd and a 1.5ghz intel celeron M 370 processor.