• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Surround Sound Help..

JamieNevins

FPCH Member
Right.. I am currently running an Advent T9106 on XP media centre.
I have plugged all the 3 wires into the correct slots in the back of my computer, and im only getting sound out of the left and right speaker and the sub-woofer.

I set the sound to 5:1 surround sound in my settings and still no change.
I havent bought a sound card since i got the PC, so im pretty much guessing it's going to be the soundcard but could it be that i just havent set it up properly?

Edit: I have moved your post to the Hardware section Jamie

W

Wolfeymole

The card is good enough for stereo plus a centre channel or subwoofer.
Why don't you consider an active sub with outputs for rear channels.

W

Wolfeymole

You can change the settings to your hearts content Jamie but you have to have the correct card to back them up mate.
I.E. You can't get 5 to 1 out of a 3 jack card.

JamieNevins

FPCH Member
Right so i got my soundcard and took a while to get it working. Eventually i got them going :) But i just got some weird buzzing noise, seems to have gone away now though.

Got told they might do that for the first few times i used them.

But anyways thaks for your help! :)