• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

system adminstrator abilities lost?

paulol

FPCH New Member
on my home pc i have windows XP and I used to be able to change backgrounds etc all the things you can do without being restricted. However recently I cannot do such tasks because a message appears saying operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, contact system adminstrator. I was wondering if there was any way to stop this as nothing has been changed by any user of this pc. thankyou.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
have you tried logging in as administrator in safe mode, then checking your account and making sure its an admin account.
or
boot into safe mode with networking and doing an online virus scan from www.trendomicro.com.
to boot to safe mode tap f8 at startup until you find a black screen,press the up arrow till you see "safe mode with networking, or safe mode"
try those get back to us
regards
danzil