• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

system disabled [57344]

wongy

FPCH New Member
everytime i start up my laptop it comes up wiv 'please press any key to continue' once i press the any key it comes up wiv a bios lookin box which asks me to put in a password, once i try a couple of passwords it cums up wiv SYSTEM DISABLED [57344]

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

x

Jamey

FPCH Member
What else is on the screen when it comes up with the first message? Has it gone through its POST (power on self test) routine, where it checks the hardware, memory and so on? Or is it as soon as you physically turn on the machine?

When the message displays, is that message literally everything that is displayed on the screen? Once you press a key, is there any else displayed apart from the "system disabled" message? I did a quick google and I can't find many other instances of this problem.

It could possibly be a BIOS password but it is unusual to experience such a message unless, perhaps, you repeatedly get the password wrong. Can you think of anything that you might've done to cause this message to be displayed?

wongy

FPCH New Member
it tries to start up as normal but then goes onto the 'press any key' screen, but it started off after my g.f used the laptop and it over heated and cut out i switched the laptop on later and this started to happen