• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

System Keeps Freezing Up

Clobbersaurus

FPCH New Member
Hi. I'm having a big problem. My system keeps freezing up. I've noticed that it freezes up on websites(random ones) and when I open (random)emails that have HTML in them. Could it have something to do with HTML? I've never heard of anything like this before, though. It just seems like a weird coincidence. My hard drive does not sound like it is dying at all. It just freezes and I have to reboot. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any help.

I am running XP MCE 2005.

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like you are infected with malware. This is malicious software code distributed in many ways that can get onto your machine (often through email attachments!) and cause undesirable results, such as freezing, locking up and slow-down.

First, download the Windows Defender software. Install it on your computer and then restart it your computer in Safe Mode.

You then need to scan your computer with Windows Defender. I recommend you choose "Full Scan". Once the scan is finished, quarantine all of the items.

Also, try starting your computer up in "Safe Mode with Networking". Browse the Web and your HTML emails like you said, see if the problem occurs. If it doesn't, it's most definitely a software fault.