• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

system restore

cliveg

FPCH New Member
Can anyone explain why my 'system restore' won't restore? I've now tried it on numerous dates but all I get at the end is "system restore unsucessful'

Jamey

FPCH Member
If this is related to your other post on a corrupted registry, it is likely to be due to the virus you mentioned. Recent malware has been programmed to corrupt system restore points so that the System Restore will no longer work. If you get your machine operational again, the best course of action is to disable System Restore so that all restore data is deleted completely. When you re-enable it again, you will have a "clean slate" and restoring will work in the future.

To prevent yourself from getting malware again, I highly recommend you read through this website and follow the advice within: nonadmin.